Note: The following is translated from the original Japanese document. The original document may supersede any part of the translation below, and may be invoked at any time.
The JMoF Executive Committee (hereafter: “we,” “us”, “our”) will treat your personal information submitted by e-mail and online forms* with the utmost care and security.
Note: This includes any information submitted on an external platform operated by us, such as direct messaging on social media.
Personal Information We Collect and Store
We collect the following personal information:
- Pre-registration: Email address, legal name, con-badge name, address, approximate age, emergency contact information (only for attendees under the age of 18)
- Pre-registration: Email address, legal name, con-badge name, approximate address, approximate age, emergency contact information (only for attendees under the age of 18)
- Inquiry: Name, email address
- Application for volunteers: Name, email address
- Application for events: Phone number or username/ID of alternative contact method
- Use of our website: Cookies
- Other information that we contacted you in advance and asked your permission for to use in any other specific way (details are shown below).
About Credit Card Transactions
Please note that though credit card information may be required in the attendance registration or application for some events, it is sent only to Stripe Inc. which provides payment processing services. Therefore, it will never be known to any third party, including us.
Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Delivering necessary documents/items (official convention badge, etc.)
- Responding to questions or concerns sent through e-mail or by form
- Contacting applicants for volunteering or events
- Improving the user experience of this website
- If we need to use your information in any other way, we will contact you in advance and ask for your permission. In those cases, we will only use your information within the scope of what was agreed to by both parties.
Usage of Personal Information for the Purpose of Virus Countermeasures
For the purpose of virus countermeasures, we will treat your personal information which we collect as follows:
- Providing names and other information to Loisir Hotel Toyohashi for confirming the person who made the room reservation
Note: We may provide personal information to a third party when requested to do so by the government or local entities, when necessary to protect human life, body, or property, or when particularly necessary to improve public health.
Note: We will not give away any of your personal information to a third party unless with explicit permission by you beforehand, or in cases where required by law.
Bases for Processing
The bases for us processing personal information are:
- Cookie: To get consent from the data subject.
- Others: To get what is necessary for our services.
In addition, we process all personal information in Japan.
- Transfers of personal information from member states of the European Union (EU) take place without any specific authorization as well as from other countries or regions because Japan has received an adequacy decision from the European Commission.
- As the UK has completed the relevant legal procedures to maintain the above effect, transfers of personal information from the UK also take place without any specific authorization.
Storage Period of Personal Information
Any personal information we collect is stored for a maximum of two years and three months, and it will be erased after this period. We will try to shorten this period as much as we can.
Access to and Rectification or Erasure of Personal Information
Personal information provided in the attendance registration can be rectified through the “Pre-registration Information Change Form”. Cancellation of your attendance to JMoF can also be accepted through this same form. As soon as we accept it, your personal information will be erased.
Note: If you are registered as the “AYAKASHI” tier, you may erase your pre-registration and its information for JMoF 2024. However, you cannot be refunded the Pre-Registration fee. For details, please see the “Refunds” section of the “Information Complying with the Japanese Specified Commercial Transactions Act” page.
Regarding Site Security
- This website’s communications are encrypted using SSL.
- The Pre-registration form, the On-site registration form, Dealer’s Room application form, Pre-registration Information Change form, Changing Room form, and Donation form all utilize TLS-based encryption.
Cookies are text files that record various information about how a user interacted with a website. They are referenced in order to make the services you use more convenient, and allow our provided services to be improved.
You are able to stop information gathering from cookies at any time. For more information, please visit the “All About Cookies” page.
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- JotForm: https://www.jotform.com/privacy/
- Meta (Facebook, Instagram): https://www.facebook.com/privacy/center
- Solare Hotels and Resorts: https://www.solarehotels.com/en/privacy.html
- Square: https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/privacy
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- Twilio (SendGrid): https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- VRChat: https://hello.vrchat.com/privacy
- SELFOTO: https://selfoto.jp/sc270001.do (in Japanese)
- SCHED: https://sched.com/privacy/
For questions or concerns regarding the usage of personal information you have provided, please send us a message through the “Contact” page.
(As of September 16th (Sat.), 2023)