Note: The following is translated from the original Japanese document. The original document may supersede any part of the translation below, and may be invoked at any time.
Note: Please note that the following information is as of JMoF 2020.
The JMoF Executive Committee (hereafter: “we,” “us,” “our”) will treat your personal information submitted by e-mail and online forms* with the utmost care and security. Note: This includes any information submitted on an external platform operated by us, such as direct messaging on social media.
Personal Information What We Collect and Store
We collect the following personal information:
- Pre-Registration: email address, regal name, con badge name, address, age (approx.,) emergency contact information (only for attendees under the age of 20)
- On-site Registration: e-mail address, regal name, con badge name, address (approx.,) age (approx.,) emergency contact information (only for attendees under the age of 20)
- Inquiry: name, email address
- Application for volunteer: phone number
- Application for events: phone number or account ID of alternative communication media
- Use of our website: Cookies
- The other information, we contacted you in advance and asked for your permission to use in any other specific way. (Details are shown below.)
About Transaction with Credit Card
Please note that though information of a credit card may be required in the attendance registration or application for some events, it is sent only to Stripe Inc., which provides payment agent services. Therefore, it will never be known to any third party including us.
Usage of Personal Information
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Delivering necessary documents/items (official convention badge, etc.)
- Responding to questions or concerns sent through e-mail or by form
- Contacting applicants for volunteer or events
- Improving the user experience of this website
- If we need to use your information in any other way, we will contact you in advance and ask for your permission. In those cases, we will only use your information within the scope of what was agreed to by both parties. We will not give away any of your personal information to a third party unless with explicit permission by you beforehand, or in cases where required by law.
Bases for Processing
The bases for our processing personal information are:
- Cookie: that we get a consent from the data subject.
- The others: that it is necessary for our services. Also, we process all the personal information in Japan. Because Japan is authorized by European Commission as a country with an adequate level of protection, the transfers of personal information from member states of European Union take place without any specific authorization as well as from other countries or regions.
Storage Period of Personal Information
Any personal information we collect is stored for at most two years and a quarter, and it will be erased after that. And we promise you we will shorten this period as possible as we can.
Access to and Rectification or Erasure of Personal Information
Personal information provided in the attendance registration can be rectified through Application Form for Editing your Pre-registered Submission. Cancellation attendance to JMoF can also be accepted through it, and the personal information will be erased right then.
Regarding Site Security
- This website’s communications are encrypted using SSL.
- The Pre-registration form, Dealer’s Room application form and Pre-registration Information Change form all utilize TLS-based encryption.
- Solare Hotels and Resorts: https://www.solarehotels.com/en/privacy.html
For questions or concerns regarding usage of your given personal information, please send us a message through the “Contact” page.
(As of October 4th, 2019)