Rules Of Conduct
Rules Of Conduct
Note: Please note that the following information is as of JMoF 2020.
The following is translated from the original Japanese document. The original document may supersede any part of the translation below, and may be invoked at any time.
Japan Meeting of Furries (or JMoF) has established rules of conduct to ensure that everyone enjoys the convention. Please read and understand the following rules carefully prior to attending the event.
General Rules of Hotel
- Please display a valid, registered JMoF con-badge where it can be read at all times (with or without fursuit.)
- “Policies for Clothing and Changing” applies to every case of changing into or out of any clothes/costume. For details, please see the “Policies for Clothing and Changing” page.
- Don’t use any hotel room furnishings outside of their intended purposes.
- In the unlikely case of an emergency, please follow the hotel worker’s instructions.
- JMoF attendees must abide by all instructions given by the JMoF staff. Failure to do so will result in being removed from the premises.
- In addition to the above rules, please abide by all rules and regulations set forth by the prefecture, the city, and the hotel.
Parties and Gathering
- Please do not invite visitors into your room.
- Visitors may not use your hotel room for changing.
- Remember that there are other guests not attending JMoF staying at the hotel. Please keep noise to a minimum at night.
- Harassment is not tolerated by any means, including physical, verbal or sexual.
- Wearing a fursuit is not immediate consent to anything. Ask if it is alright before taking a photo or interacting with the fursuiter, such as hugging them.
- Remember that no means no. You must stop any behavior when people say so.
- Any model weapons (model guns, swords, mock explosive substances, etc.)
Model weapons that cannot be used to cause injury may be brought into the photo booth and used in performances. When bringing these into the convention, please keep them completely concealed and close to your person at all times. It will be the responsibility of the attendee to keep an eye on whatever they bring.
- Pet/companion animals (with the exception of service animals for any disabled staff or attendees)
- Food (Drinks are ok)
- Please keep your personal belongings with you at all times. JMoF will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- If you see an unattended package or bag in the convention space, do not touch it and report it to staff immediately.
Use of JMoF Images or Footage
- You may not under any condition film or record the Headless Lounge or prohibited displays.
You also may not film the Talk Show or the Dealer’s Room, but if you are a panelist or dealer, you are allowed to film yourself in these two places as long as it doesn’t bother others around you or infringe on their rights.
- JMoF is not responsible for any trouble that may arise from any photographs or videos that are publicized.
- Even JMoF staff or those who got permission to film the Talk Show/Dealer’s Room must still ask permission of whoever is going to be filmed before filming begins.
- Expect the photos taken by the JMoF photography staff (including the photo booth) to be released publicly as promotional pictures or other materials.
- The personnel of the convention hotel may perform photographing/filming (including using a multirotor) and publish the photos/movies. Please note that using a multirotor is prohibited for those who are not the convention hotel worker.
- Authorized journalists and media photographers may possibly use photograph/video footage for media publication on TV, newspapers, etc.
- Attendees may not dress in any clothing, costumes or fursuits that are overly revealing or inappropriate for the atmosphere of the convention.
General Rules For Fursuiters
- Be sure to get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids so you’re in your best condition while attending the convention. Please use the Headless Lounge at your leisure for taking a break as well.
- If you start to feel unwell while suiting, please unsuit as quickly as possible until you start feeling better again.
- If you intend to go outside of the hotel, please be accompanied by a handler at all times.
Changing into Your Fursuit/Costume at JMoF
- Sponsors and Supersponsors may exclusively use the Sponsors-only changing facility located inside the convention area. Please follow the usage instructions (you will receive the document and your official con-badge at the same time).
- For attendees neither Sponsor nor Supersponsor, there is no changing facility located inside the convention area. Please refer to the instructions below to find out where you are able to change.
Guests Staying with Loisir Hotel Toyohashi
- Please change in your hotel room. Elevators in the hotel are available for quick access between the convention area and hotel rooms.
- After checkout, please find a suitable place to change into and out of your costume, such as your car parked in the parking lot, etc.
Guests Not Staying with Loisir Hotel Toyohashi
- Changing in your car parked at a nearby parking lot is allowed. Please be aware of your surroundings when doing so.
- There may be severe weather on the days of the convention, so if you use your car in the parking lot as a changing location, please be careful.
- Parking your car in the hotel’s connected parking lot and going through the first and second floors of the hotel are both permitted.
- The Headless Lounge is a place for participating fursuiters and their handler(s.) Fursuiters may remove the head of their fursuit in order to cool off. Please use this room to take a small break and relax.
- Please keep in mind that you may not use the Headless Lounge to change into or out of your costume.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.